Nassau County: There has been an increase in break-ins to vacant and/or homes under construction. Subjects may case out potential targets during the day and return at night.
Steps to protect your home:
– Lock gates, windows and doors.
– Ask a trusted neighbor to bring up trashcans and newspapers.
– Consider installing a security surveillance system. Display the stickers on doors and windows.
– Keep an indoor and outdoor light on.
– Notify neighbors when construction or real estate companies will be at your residence.
– Install deadbolts to prevent doors from being pried open.
IF A BURGLARY DOES OCCUR, CALL 911 IMMEDIATELY. DO NOT try to enter the premises – the burglar may still be inside. DO NOT disturb any evidence.
Be Alert! If you see something, say something! Call 911 for emergencies or crimes In progress Crime Stoppers 1-800-244-TIPS.
Neighbors be considerate and keep outside lights on please! Especially when your not home or away on vacation