Nassau County Restaurant Recovery Grant Program
On November 18, 2020, Nassau County Executive Laura Curran announced the County’s new Restaurant Recovery Grant Program (RRGP).
The program is intended to support full-service restaurants – the industry hit hardest by the pandemic – during the winter months when outdoor dining is limited and as restaurants adjust to New York State’s COVID-19 safety restrictions and new mandates.
The link for the online application will be posted on November 30th . Check back for updates!
• Full-Service Restaurants (NAICS code 722511), or establishments engaged in providing food services and meals prepared on-premises to patrons who traditionally order and are served while seated (i.e., waiter/waitress service), including on-premises food and drinking establishments licensed through the State Liquor Authority (SLA).
• Minority- and Women-Owned Business Enterprises (M/WBEs) are encouraged to apply General Eligibility.
• Located in Nassau County
• In operation on or before March 1, 2019
• Fewer than 50 Full-Time equivalent (FTE) employees o Maximum $5,000 grant – 0 (sole proprietor)-10 employees o Maximum $10,000 grant – 11-50 employees.
• Must agree to create or retain at least one low/moderate-income job at full-time status.
• Must certify and demonstrate that they have experienced financial hardship due to COVID-19 Eligible Expenses.
• Grant funds to cover working capital and operating expenses including: o payroll, rent, utilities, purchase of PPE and sanitation supplies; lease or purchase of equipment like kitchen equipment or delivery vehicles; or COVID-19 related business improvements like patio heaters or contactless technology.
• Non-profit organizations.
• Businesses with greater than 50 employees.
• Businesses in violation of New York State Executive orders relating to the COVID-19 pandemic or other State, County or local ordinances o E.g., EO 202.74 effective Friday, November 13 at 10 PM.